Yoga For Your Knots
"We are blessed by your gentle guidance, compassion and laughter. You make yoga fun. And for me personally, you play a HUGE role in my recovery path. And I can't thank you enough for that." L
Terri Morgan, founder of YOGA for your KNOTS inc., based in Ottawa, Ontario is a certified Yoga Therapist and Yoga instructor (RYT 500) with the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
As a yoga therapist, her classes are taught with functionality and alignment in mind. The classes are modified and adapted to meet the individual needs of students at all levels of experience and skill. Hands on adjustments are offered and props are used when necessary, bringing the pose to the student not the student to the pose. She also offers private Yoga Therapy sessions for your own customized wellness and rehabilitation plan. She is able to provide services to insurance companies.
She began her yoga journey 20 years ago with an introduction to SSY yoga.
With 2 young kids and a full time management job in the oil industry and working as a Girl Guide volunteer, she felt she needed a way to become more grounded. The SSY program taught her to breathe and meditate.
Her involvement with Meals on Wheels Ottawa for over 22 years as a director and volunteerinspired her to begin working more closely with older adults. She enjoys camping, canoeing, cross country skiing, tennis and softball.
· Pain Care Yoga Certification ( Lifeisnow.ca)
. Trauma informed yoga training
· Somayog (Somatic yoga)
· Yapana Therapeutic Yoga certification (yapanayoga.com)
· Therapeutic Yoga training (functionalsynergy.com)
· Yoga Tuneup therapy training (yogatuneup.com)
· Radiant Child Yoga Practitioner RCYP 1
· Teen Yoga certification (yogaminded.com)
· Certified Chair Yoga instructor LVCY (getfitwhereyousit.com)
· Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor
· Individual Conditioning Consultant
· Older Adult Fitness Specialization
· BComm., McGill University
YOGA for your KNOTS is located in Carp between Carp road and Terry Fox drive. In this large home studio, you will be able to relax and release all of your knots. Yoga mats, belts and cork blocks are provided free of charge. Yoga accessories can be purchased on location. This location is wheelchair friendly.